Joining the Upland Hills Health team is more than working at a nationally recognized critical access hospital; it’s joining a family that has deep ties to our community and the history of Dodgeville and Iowa County. We offer excellent career opportunities and a great family-oriented community. At Upland Hills Health, we are committed to healthcare innovation as well as compassionate, hometown care.
If you are interested in healthcare as a career, we would like to give you the opportunity to job shadow a member of our staff for some "on-the-job" insight. A job shadow experience allows individuals to "try on" a career for a few hours before investing time and money in formal education. Job shadowing at Upland Hills Health gives participants a better understanding of healthcare careers.
Please read the following guidelines and our Job Shadow Procedure below. Then contact the Staff Development Department to schedule your shadow experience. Do not delay. It takes two to four weeks to coordinate your job shadow experience.
Guidelines for Participants
- Participants must be age 16 or older. (Persons under age 16 are given an opportunity to take part in a structured facility tour rather than a job shadow experience.)
- Participants under 18 years of age require parent or legal guardian signatures on the Job Shadow Agreement. Applications without appropriate signatures are not accepted.
- Vaccinations for measles, mumps, rubella (MMR); pertussis (Tdap); and seasonal influenza (if shadowing during flu season October 1-April 1) are required.
How to Get Started
- Carefully read our job shadow procedures. Job-shadowing students must adhere to these procedures, including the dress code and code of conduct.
- Please print, complete and submit the job shadow application. Your completed application must be received two weeks prior to your arrival for the job shadow experience. Mail applications to:
Staff Development, Attn: Michelle Helin
Upland Hills Health
800 Compassion Way
Dodgeville, WI 53533
Dodgeville Wisconsin is a
comfortable place to live, work and play.
Take a sneek peek at what life is like here...