Public Service Announcements
May is Mental Health Awareness month. To help spread awareness and break down the stigma associated with suicide and mental health illness, approximately 345 community members, include 42 from Upland Hills Health, will be wearing special made t-shirts every Friday in May. T-shirts were generously provided by the Suicide Prevention Coalition of Iowa County.
Find valuable information and Suicide HOTLINES at: http://www.suicide-iowacountywi.org/
National Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255 TEXT 839863
Iowa County WI Hotline 1-800-362-5717
AMERICAN DIABETES DAY - MARCH 28, 2017
9 out of 10 Americans most at risk for type2 diabetes don't know it - TAKE THIS SIMPLE ONLINE TEST and learn more!
Good Questions fro Your Good Health! ASK ME 3
Asking questions can help you be an active member of your health care team. Use the Ask Me 3 questions every time you talk with a health care provider...
1. What is my main problem?
2. What do I need to do?
3. Why is it important for me to do this?
Visit the National Patient Safety Foundation's website for more information at ASK ME 3
Are you suffering from a cold? ..or is it the flu, sinus infection, bronchitis or something more serious?
How to treat cold symptoms... what works and what doesn't?
Download our GENERAL HEALTH ebook. Get answers to the questions that Upland Hills Health's Dr. Joe Berg and Dr. Rachel Hartline hear the most!
Important information to help you stay safe and well...
Listen to D99.3, Wednesday mornings at 7:45 AM for WELLNESS WEDNESDAY announcements.
Tips for a healthy and safe new year celebrating! Check out this article from Huffington Post.
We're expanding our health care services at our clinic in Mount Horeb!
Learn more and meet the health care providers on this WISCONSIN DOCTORS program!
Holiday Cut Out Cookies for the new year! Our Nutritionist, Susan Portz will show you the differences and the benefits - on the Restaurant Show!
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) - Are you feeling blue this time of year?
Get straight answers to your mental health questions from Upland Hills Health Family Physicians, Dr. Joseph Berg and Dr. Rachel Hartline. Download this Mental Health ebook that addresses: anxiety, depression, addiction and suggestions for improving your mental health.
You can fight off SAD! Start by changing a few of your habits at home. If you need help fending off these seasonal blues, talk to your doctor. SAD is very real and your primary care provider can help you through it.
Five things you need to know if you plan to enroll in the health insurance marketplace
- Be sure you are visiting the government website! Go to www.healthcare.gov
(healthcare.com is not the correct website)
- Before signing up for COBRA, check your options at www.healthcare.gov
- Need help? If you’ve never had health insurance before, it may be wise to seek help with your enrollment. Local people are available to help! (See flyer for local enrollment assistance) They can help you understand the options and terms you may be unfamiliar with. A useful and credible website for finding local assistance is www.coveringwi.org
- This enrollment period ends Jan. 31, 2017 – but if you want your coverage to start Jan. 1 you must enroll before Dec. 15.
- If you choose to explore www.healthcare.gov on your own, TAKE NOTES! BE SURE to write down the username, password and any information you enter so that you do not forget them. Forgetting your log in information makes it very difficult for someone to help you and can cause much delay.
LOCAL HELP TO ENROLL FOR HEALTHCARE -- Affordable Care Act
NEW YEAR'S BABY BASKET: Do you want to contribute something from your business to our New Year's Baby Basket? Great! Here's infomation about how to do that: 2017 New Year Baby Basket
HOLIDAY HEALTHY EATING GUIDE - from the AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION