Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
Your Orthopedic Surgery Team
The Upland Hills Health orthopedic team is the local reconstruction experts for all your bone, muscle and joint needs. Our orthopedic surgeon, Dr. James Self, is Mayo Clinic trained and has over 30 years of experience. He's performed over 4,000 orthopedic procedures, bringing relief to hips, knees and other joints. And more than 750 of those procedures were performed with our orthopedic physician assistant, Melissa Messer. Together, they provide comprehensive, local access to:
- Carpal tunnel release
- Fracture repair
- Hip replacement
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy and repair
- Rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder arthroscopy and repair
- Tendon repair
See Why Experience Matters
Your ComfortInMotion Team
You know… your knees are your shock absorbers. When a knee is painful – life is limited. When you are tired of letting knee pain run your life, talk to Dr. James Self and our Comfort In Motion team. We can help you get your life back.
Dr. Self will help you determine if surgery is the best solution for you. If surgery is needed our Comfort In Motion team will help you get ready. It's important to know what to expect.
- You'll be assigned a personal care coordinator who will guide you every step of the way. They'll be your 'go to' person when you have questions.
- We'll ask you to attend a Comfort In Motion class. A valuable presentation that walks you through the entire process... before... during... and after surgery.
- You'll learn about the support available to you from our physical therapists, here to help you recover and acheive comfort when you walk once again.
With hard work and persistence we’ll help you get back to living your life free from the pain that is dictating what you can and cannot do. “Oh to move smoother, more often, with less pain.” Ask your doctor about Comfort In Motion at Upland Hills Health.
Your Sports Medicine Team
Whether its out in the hay field or out on the soccer field...
our Athletic trainers help you get your mobility back!