Our patients come first, but our co-workers do too, no matter what department they work in. We embrace a Language of Caring environment, meaning that all levels of staff are trained to communicate clearly, with empathy. Patients describe their experiences at Upland Hills Health with phrases like “absolutely amazing,” “caring and attentive,” and “first-class.”
Upland Hills Health is a nonprofit hospital, meaning that the profits we make go back into the organization—to purchase equipment, keep staff educated and trained in up-to-date techniques, hire excellent people to enhance or grow the services we can provide to our communities, and keep our buildings both beautiful and equipped to deliver great patient experiences.
At Upland Hills Health, where you start often isn’t where you end. Many employees start in one department and transfer to another that fits their interest. Upland Hills Health also supports education in various ways for employees who want to pursue a different career path. You’ll find opportunities to attend professional development conferences, trainings or webinars to enhance your skills, and in some roles, even a specific program outlined for growth that employees are able to participate in. Most employees quality for tuition reimbursement programs to further their careers as well.
We are a community hospital and we make it a point to be good community partners. Upland Hills Health is a member of four area Chambers of Commerce and employees can represent UHH in golf outings, parades or at other community events that the Chambers sponsor.
We also partner with other area nonprofits to support their missions in our community, including supporting the Iowa County Food Pantry, and allowing employees to earn swag for volunteering through Southwest CAP.
Diversity & Inclusion
We value the whole you.
You are welcome at Upland Hills Health, not in spite of, but because of, your unique experiences and how they reflect our mission and values. We value the experiences brought to Upland Hills Health by employees, physicians and advanced care providers of all ages, genders, backgrounds, cultures, religious and spiritual beliefs. In fact, we believe that a diverse workforce, aligned with our values, helps us better connect with and treat our patients with the exceptional experience we strive for. Celebrating our differences allows us to learn from each other and creates a more empathetic, understanding culture at UHH, which leads to better employee relationships and better patient care.
Where can you get full benefits for working half-time? Upland Hills Health checks that item off the list, with extras!
We offer many employee benefits that you’ll find at other places:
- Health, dental and vision insurance options
- 401(k) plans with employer match
- Life insurance
- Short & Long term disability
- Paid time off
And many benefits that you won’t find anywhere else:
- 20% discount on many UHH medical services
- On-campus and Mineral Point Wellness Center with free membership for employees
- Over-the-counter medications sold at a low cost to employees
- Free parking
- Ability to be directly involved with strategic plan through various committees
- Yearly bonus opportunity, based on patient satisfaction scores and profit margin
- Open sharing of ideas
- Flexible scheduling
- Caring Club—ability to invest in the Upland Hills Health Foundation and vote on how the funds are used
- Employee Recognition—annual awards banquet, and yearly recognition dollars in every department’s budgets
A fun work environment with open, respectful communication is very important at Upland Hills Health. Just a sampling of some of the ways we celebrate and keep things fun at work:
- Annual family picnic for all UHH employees and their families, including renting Comer Pool for the event, door prizes
- WELAFF Committee, which plans themed meals in the Cafe, themed dress up days, seasonal contests, etc.
- Wellness Committee, focused on providing fun ways for employees to increase movement, eat healthier, learn more about physical and mental health through lunch and learn sessions, and organize employee and community events that promote wellness.