Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED – 5/16/2023
May 16, 2023
6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Venue: Upland Hills Health
The Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED course incorporates the latest science and teaches students how to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies to help victims of any age – adults (about 12 years and older) and pediatric (infants and children up to 12 years of age). Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate for Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED valid for two years. The intended audience for the courses in this program includes lay responders in the workplace and community taking this course to fulfill employment requirements, or to provide for the safety and well-being of their friends, family. and community or for personal satisfaction.
- Describe how to recognize an emergency and gain confidence to act.
- Explain how to lower the risk for infection when giving care.
- Understand legal concepts as they apply to lay responders, such as consent.
- Describe the emergency action steps: CHECK—CALL—CARE.
- Identify when it is necessary to call 9-1-1 or the designated emergency number.
- Explain how to check an injured or ill person who appears to be unresponsive.
- Explain how to check a responsive injured or ill person.
- Demonstrate high-quality CPR and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) for a person who is in cardiac arrest.
- Demonstrate first aid care for a person who is choking.
Advance registration is required. Fee is $55 per participant.
For more information or to register, contact Michelle Helin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-930-7150.