Important messages from Upland Hills Health are summarized below.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19:
Fever, Cough, Shortness of breath, Sore throat, Runny nose, Headache... Please isolate yourself and call your local clinic. If you have severe symptoms, call 911 for ambulance transport OR call ahead to the UHH Emergency Department at 930.8000 to alert staff that you are coming. This will allow medical staff to prepare for your arrival. If you must visit the Emergency Department and you have the above symptoms, protect those who are caring for you by wearing a mask for the duration of your visit.
Centros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedades
No Visitor Policy at Hospital and Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
(effective 3/25) For the safety of our patients, healthcare workers and the community visitors are not allowed on the Upland Hills Health campus at 800 Compassion Way in Dodgeville. Visitors must undergo a health screening and will not be allowed entry with an elevated temperature, symptoms or exposure to COVID-19. Visitors over the age of 16 years of age may be allowed in following circumstances with permission of the nurse lead or house supervisor:
- Birth Center, labor and delivery
- End of life
- Pediatric patients requiring a parent
The following clinics are closed:
- SPRING GREEN
Three clinics are OPEN to in-person visits:
(effective 3/30) Due to current recommendations that you are safer at home to avoid COVID-19 exposure, demand is greatly reduced at our clinics. We will expand clinic hours as need increases.
Temporary new clinic hours: Monday – Friday 9 AM – 3 PM
- MINERAL POINT
- MOUNT HOREB
Please note the following important procedures for going to our clinics:
- DO NOT WALK RIGHT IN
- YOU MUST CALL AHEAD FOR AN APPOINTMENT
- WHEN YOU ARRIVE, USE YOUR CAR AS A WAITING ROOM. CALL ON YOUR CELL PHONE to let clinic staff know you are there for your appointment
- DODGEVILLE (608) 930-7200 EXT. 2956
- MINERAL POINT (608) 930-7200 EXT. 2915
- MOUNT HOREB (608) 930-7200 EXT. 2151
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CELL PHONE step into the first door of the clinic. Look for a monitor and speak to staff through the monitor. They will provide you with instructions.
If you need to see a medical provider...
- Call the Upland Hills Health Clinic you regularly visit. Receptionists are available. They will make an appointment at the best location for your needs. Same day or next day appointments at Dodgeville, Mineral Point or Mount Horeb clinics may be available.
- For after hours urgent needs, call 930-8000. The receptionist will help you make an appointment to get the care you need.
- You must call ahead. This helps to ensure you are scheduled appropriately. This is for the protection of patients and staff.
COVID-19 restrictions on UHH campus:
- Entrance doors on UHH Campus are limited. The public must enter through the Emergency entrance, Main entrance or the East-SSM Health Dean Clinic entrance.
- If a person is ill or in need of urgent care they must call in advance to let medical staff know they are coming in.
- High risk patients are encouraged to postpone non-essential appointments for their own safety.
- Physical therapy appointments for persons over 65 years old may be moved to an outlying clinic (to be determined) for their safety.
- Consultations will be conducted by phone whenever possible.
- Questionnaire screenings are taking place within all UHH facilities and with patients receiving in-home services to identify and protect both patients and staff.
Services temporarily stopped:
- Elective surgeries and some elective imaging services
- Sleep Clinic appointments
- The Fitness Center in Mineral Point is closed
- The Wellness Center in Dodgeville is closed to non-therapy patients
- Cardiac Rehabilitation (all phases) has been stopped for patient safety
- Well visits and physicals will be cancelled. The date for rescheduling is unknown at this time.
- Volunteer programs
- Fitness Walkers are no longer allowed to walk the corridor for exercise.
- Community meetings scheduled to be held at UHH are cancelled.
Jaci's Salon, located within the Nursing & Rehab Center building, is closed during this time.
For current and accurate information about the COVID-19 situation, monitor the following websites:
- Iowa County Health Department – https://www.iowacounty.org/departments/HealthDepartment
- WI Department of Health Services (DHS) https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/outbreaks/index.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Centros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedades = www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index-sp.html
If you have questions or immediate needs related to COVID-19, you can:
• Text COVID19 to 211-211,
• Visit 211Wisconsin.org, or
• Call 211.
Call volumes are high, please be patient and try to use the text or online options first.
Si tiene preguntas o necesidades inmediatas relacionadas con COVID-19, puede:
• Texto COVID19 al 211-211,
• Visita al 211Wisconsin.org, o
• Llame al 211.
You are not alone.
We are in this together.
- The COVID-19 pandemic, can make anyone anxious or depressed. Do not hesitate to ask for help if you're feeling overwhelmed. Call 800-985-5990 to speak to a trained crisis counselor or text TalkWithUS to 66747.
- While you may not be able to be in the same room with your support system, remember you can still call or video chat with them.
How Can I Help?
- Monetary Donations to UHH COVID-19 Relief Fund (to help respond to emergency needs during this time) please contact Julia at email@example.com or 608.930.7169
- Well-wishes for staff, ecards to NRC residents can be sent via the Contact Us link on uplandhillshealth.org, and will be shared internally
- To donate NEW PPE (personal protective equipment) supplies (N95 masks, surgical masks, face shields, gowns, disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer) please contact Krisann at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sewers and crafters. Please click to submit your contact information here. We sincerely appreciate and admire your desire to help keep our staff protected! At this time, UHH is not accepting hand sewn masks or gowns. When we determine these items are needed we would like to reach out to you, please.
- UHH is not accepting gifts of food. (Because of strict food safety guidelines) Our staff appreciates your thoughtfulness, but we are providing staff with food only through our cafe.