What's Available in Dodgeville?
If you have a patient you are seeking care for close to home in Dodgeville, Wisconsin, this is the quick reference resource page for you.
This page was created as a central place of reference for providers looking for beneficial services for their patients and will be updated periodically to reflect new services available or to present new information about existing services.
EECP Therapy for Chest Pain
Enhanced External Counter-Pulsation Therapy
- One hour treatments, five days a week, for a total of 35 hours
- ECG is used to set the inflation/deflation timing of cuffs wrapped around the legs and buttocks
- Approximately 80% of patients who completed the 35-hour course of EECP® Therapy experience significant symptom relief that may last up to three years.
For more information, call 930-7160.
Becky Tank or Lance Maerz, Cardiac Rehab co-managers
Diabetes Self Management Program
Accredited by the American Diabetes Association, the program provides comprehensive diabetes education for mastering basic self-care skills:
- Basics of nutrition, carb counting and meal planning
- Blood sugar monitoring
- Understanding medications
- Managing long term complications
- Healthy coping strategies
For information and upcoming classes, call 930-7200 ext. 3707
Jackie Wilkinson, Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator
3D and Digital Mammography
3D and Digital Mammography
- Every radiology technician at Upland Hills Health is a registered mammography technician
- Mammography appointments are available until 6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Digital 2D exams and 3D exams
For information, call: 930-7200 ext. 3100
Lynnette Collins, Imaging Services Director
Surgeries at Upland Hills Health
Our skilled surgical team can perform many surgeries (and needed recoveries) in Dodgeville, including:
Ear, Nose, Throat
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Tonsils and adnoids
- Complete breast disease surgical management, including biopsies, lumpectomies, mastectomies and reconstructions
- Digestive health diagnosis and treatment
- Comprehensive minimally invasive surgical services including laparoscopic surgery
- Wound management program
- Sterilization services: Vasectomy, tubal ligation
- Vascular access device implantation
- Endometrial ablations
- Anterior and posterior repairs (bladder suspension)
- Tubal ligation
- CYPass (glaucoma stent)
- Cataract surgeries
- YAG capusulotomy
- Carpal tunnel release
- Total joint replacements
- Shoulder arthoscopies
- ACL repairs
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Epidural steroid injection,
- Transforaminal ESI
- MBB (branch block)
- Endoscopic release of plantar fascia
- Hydrocele repair
- TUR--Bladder tumor
- Physical Therapy, with specialties in manual therapies, pediatric and joint replacement rehab
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
At the following locations:
Upland Hills Health Therapy and Wllness Center
800 Compassion Way, Dodgeville, WI
Upland Hills Health Mount Horeb Clinic
1809 Springdale Street, Mount Horeb, WI
103 Quail Ridge, Barneveld, WI
To refer a patient to Upland Hills Health Therapy at any location, call 608.930.7147.
Swing Bed Rehabilitation
Swing Bed Rehabilitation
- 1-2 week average stay
- 24-hour nursing care
- Pain management
- IV treatments
- Patient education
- Wound care
- Rehabilitation services
- End of life care
Medicare and many insurance providers offer a skilled care and rehabilitation benefit that would cover swing bed.
For more information, call 930-7200, ext. 3350 or 3300.
Kim Emerson or Amy Haesler, Patient and Family Services
UHH Pain Management Clinic
Upland Hills Health Pain Management Clinic in Dodgeville
Helping patients manage pain and increase their physical comfort and ability by:
- Reducing or eliminating the pain
- Increasing ability to function normally in daily life
- Breaking the cycle of depression that is often caused by pain
For information, call (608) 930-7193
The UHH Pain Management Clinic is led by Brian Lenzmeier, CRNA, APNA. He received his education and training through the military at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston and at Seattle University in Washington. His work with the military focused on regional anesthetic techniques, which involves numbing only the affected area of the body. Brian completed an Advanced Pain Management Fellowship at Hamline University in St. Paul, Minnesota in February of 2015.
The hospice team works closely with the primary physician who is part of the patient’s interdisciplinary team. Additional team members include:
- Hospice Medical Director
- Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner
- Social Workers
- Support and bereavement counselors
- Therapists (physical and occupational)
- Spiritual Support
- Home health aides
We also provide: 24-hour registered nurse on call for assistance 7 days a week, any needed equipment such as: wheelchair, bedside commode, electric bed, and more, and medications related to the terminal illness.
Upland Hills Health Hospice serves Iowa County and portions of Dane, Grant, Lafayette and Sauk counties.
For more information, or to refer a patient, call 930-7210.
Joyce McPhail, Director of Homecare and Hospice
Durable Medical Equipment; walkers, canes, CPAP, oxygen and moreDurable medical equipment available through Upland Hills Hometown Medical Equipment
490 E. Business Hwy 151, Platteville, WI 53818Good news! Upland Hills Hometown Medical Equipment in Platteville is now within Dean Health Plan’s approved provider network. Effective February 2, 2018
Fore more information, call 608.348.6250
Skilled Rehab Care
Short-term Rehab Center Stay
For patients who need a stay to recover from a surgery or injury and want to do it close to home, they'll get expert care at the Nursing & Rehab Center at UHH.
- Occupational, speech and physical therapy on-site.
- Dedicated team of nurses, therapists, dietitians and specialists to maximize a resident’s recovery and ensure their ability to return home
Call us at 608.930.7600
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab Programs (Outpatient)
Cardiac or pulmonary patients who are in need of longer-term outpatient rehab can receive treatment through our cardiac or pulmonary rehab centers on the Dodgeville campus.
Call us at 608.930.7194