Endocrinologists treat disorders of the endocrine system. The endocrine system is a series of glands that secrete hormones. Hormones, like the thyroid hormone or insulin, are chemicals that affect the action of organ systems. diagnose and treat:
- Diabetes or diabetes that is difficult to manage with standard treatment
- Thyroid diseases or disorders
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Low testosterone
- Metabolic disorders
- Disorders of the adrenal and pituitary glands
- Certain cancers, like endocrine gland cancer
Dr. Kristin Stevenson is an endocrinologist seeing patients at the Upland Hills Health Center in Dodgeville the third Tuesday of each month.
Ask your primary care provider for a referral to see Dr. Stevenson.