Dr. Sapna Shah specializes in treating disorders of the endocrine system. The endocrine system is a series of glands that secrete hormones. Hormones, like the thyroid hormone or insulin, are chemicals that affect the action of organ systems.
Endocrinologists diagnose and treat:
- Diabetes or diabetes that is difficult to manage with standard treatment
- Thyroid diseases or disorders
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Low testosterone
- Metabolic disorders
- Disorders of the adrenal and pituitary glands
- Certain cancers, like endocrine gland cancer
What is a telemedicine visit like?
Appointments are scheduled at the Upland Hills Health Barneveld Clinic. Patients will see and speak with Dr. Shah via computer. Dr. Shah will conduct a clinic staff-assisted physical exam via telemedicine, and order additional tests and imaging, as needed. After your appointment, Dr. Shah will determine a diagnosis and work together with patient and primary care provider to develop a treatment plan.
Ask your primary care provider for a referral to see Dr. Shah.