A family medicine provider is your advocate for preventing illness and injury.
- A family medicine provider is your advocate for preventing illness and injury, and your first line of defense when diagnosing and treating a health condition. Choosing and establishing a relationship with a primary care provider is important for these reasons:
- They help keep you healthy by recommending health screenings that are appropriate for you. A provider that knows you well may catch issues earlier and can help you manage your health.
- They provider whole person care, and in many cases, they care for you throughout your entire life.
- They look at your health history to ensure you receive the right care.
- They can provide referrals and help coordinate specialty care.
Your family medicine provider is here for you for every stage of life.