What are the treatments for carpal tunnel syndrome?
In the early stages, you can:
- Take breaks to rest your hands, especially if you are doing something repetitive
- Avoid activities that make symptoms worse
- Use ice or cold packs to reduce swelling
- Rotate your wrists and stretch your palms and fingers
- Wear a splint designed for carpal tunnel pain
- Take over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medications
When these treatments are no longer effective, or if you have pain or numbness in your hands, talk to an orthopedic surgeon at Upland Hills Health to learn the next best steps for pain relief.