Joining the Upland Hills Health team is more than working at a nationally recognized critical access hospital; it’s joining a family that has deep ties to our community and the history of Dodgeville and Iowa County. We offer excellent career opportunities and a great family-oriented community. At Upland Hills Health, we are committed to healthcare innovation as well as compassionate, hometown care.
If you are interested in healthcare as a career, we would like to give you the opportunity to job shadow a member of our staff for some "on-the-job" insight. A job shadow experience allows individuals to "try on" a career for a few hours before investing time and money in formal education. Job shadowing at Upland Hills Health gives participants a better understanding of healthcare careers.
Please read the following guidelines and our Job Shadow Procedure below.
Guidelines for Participants
- Participants must be age 16 or older. (Persons under age 16 are given an opportunity to take part in a structured facility tour rather than a job shadow experience.)
- Participants under 18 years of age require parent or legal guardian signatures on the Job Shadow Agreement. Applications without appropriate signatures are not accepted.
- Job shadow experiences are typically 3-4 hours in length, with a maximum of 8 hours. If you require a longer experience as part of a college prerequisite, inquire about an extended observation experience.
- Vaccinations for measles, mumps, rubella (MMR); pertussis (Tdap); and seasonal influenza (if shadowing during flu season October 1-April 1) are required.
How to Get Started
- Carefully read our job shadow procedures. Job-shadowing students must adhere to these procedures, including the dress code and code of conduct.
- Please print, complete and submit the job shadow application. Do not delay - It takes two to four weeks to coordinate and approve your job shadow experience. Mail applications to:
Human Resources, Attn: Jessica Albaugh
Upland Hills Health
800 Compassion Way
Dodgeville, WI 53533
Dodgeville Wisconsin is a
comfortable place to live, work and play.
Take a sneak peek at what life is like here...