American Red Cross BLS Instructor Course – Online + Classroom
June 29, 2023
12:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Venue: Upland Hills Health
Instructor candidates in the American Red Cross Basic Life Support Instructor course must possess a current basic-level certification in Basic Life Support or equivalent. Consult the Red Cross Learning Center for a list of certifications accepted for this basic-level certification requirement.
The Basic Life Support Instructor course is offered in a blended learning format that includes:
- Basic Life Support Instructor course online session
- Basic Life Support Instructor course in-person session
The Basic Life Support Instructor course online session is to be completed before the Basic Life Support Instructor course in-person session. This online session consists of an introduction to the Basic Life Support instructor course, orientation to the American Red Cross organization, overview of the Basic Life Support instructor-led and blended learning courses, information on how to prepare and teach the courses and information on being an American Red Cross Instructor.
During the in-person session, instructor candidates must actively participate in all lesson activities and demonstrate competency in:
- Performing BLS skills
- Using course materials
- Conducting skill practices and team response scenarios
- Evaluating participants’ progress
The Basic Life Support Instructor course in-person session includes:
- Lesson 1: Course Introduction
- Lesson 2: Basic Life Support Skills Verification
- Lesson 3: Basic Life Support Program Materials Review
- Lesson 4: Conducting Effective Skill Practice and Team Response Scenarios
- Lesson 5: Testing and Course Wrap-Up
Advance registration is required. Fee is $250 per participant. The course fee includes the online session, in-person session, and links to the digital textbooks and resources. Print resources are available for purchase through the Red Cross Store.
For more information or to register, contact Michelle Helin at email@example.com or 608-930-7150.